Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Frozen on a Wednesday

What are you up to this frozen Wednesday?  Staying warm I hope.  Can you believe this CRAZY weather?  I screwed up and turned off the pilot light to the fireplace at the beginning of April... BIG Mistake. This Kansas weather is cramping my style and my creativity.  Soooo... since I can't be out and about gathering things to repurpose, I decided to redecorate my mantel.

About three weeks ago I gave my fireplace a face lift.  I added a newly painted yellow window frame with bunting, making it cheerful and lovely... perfect for spring.   The yellow window was an old, dirty thing that I dug out of one of the barns at my parents house and painted myself. Pretty right? Well.....




I decided after having a bad week at work to stop by a local antique store on my way home from work for a quick "pick me up". Retail therapy, gotta love it.  I was going down the last aisle when this beauty jumped out at me.  It is hard to see by my pictures (I am using the camera on my phone,) but in the "Fiestaware" color wheel I would call it a wonderful sea-foam green color.  Perfect for my living room.  So it came home with me.





It was filthy. Disgusting, actually....  I had to work fast getting it clean, and up on the mantel before my husband got home.  He is terrible at noticing new things, which makes it GREAT when I get bored and want to redecorate! (shh, don't tell him!!! Too late, he is reading over my shoulder...)





So Pretty.  So happy, for now.





And in case you need a little pick me up to get you through the rest of the week, enjoy this video courtesy of my Aunt. I don't have my own children to pawn, so my sister graciously gave me permission to use her adorable little boys.  Enjoy!





What's not to love. My cute nephew and "Donk" the Donkey.



...Morgan...




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS