Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Fourth on the Eleventh

While I love what this holiday stands for... I am a little on the nervous side with fireworks.

I do not like them.
The "fire" part scares me.
They are noisy... and not good for peoples hearing (that is the speechie coming out in me)
Fireworks make a mess.
They cost too much...

While there are many things I don't like about the Fourth, there are just as many reasons why I do like it.

I like that we get to meet up with neighbors, friends, and family.
The food is always yummy (I am sad I did not get pictures of the AWESOME spread we got to eat)...
I made these two desserts: Butterfinger Caramel Cake & Mary's Mason Jar Cheesecakes
and I can't deny how beautiful the night sky is with the fireworks, regardless of the silly reasons I listed above.
Oh, and the most important part... it stands for FREEDOM, it stands for being UNITED, and it stands for all of those men and women who have served or are serving.
















Hope you all had a great Fourth.

On another note... I (along with my cousin Madi) have been busy painting furniture. I am going to post photos this weekend, check back :)

...Morgan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS