Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fresh Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Sunday happened to be Cinco de Mayo and I was in the mood for my favorite summertime dip so I whipped up some Black Bean and Corn Salsa. You can make it too...

Grocery List:
  • 1 red Pepper
  • 1 orange Pepper
  • 1 yellow Pepper
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 1 red onion
  • Cilantro to taste
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can of lime rotel
  • Italian dressing (optional

 Chop up your red pepper


Then chop up your orange and yellow pepper too. You could add a green pepper but I don't like them.


Cut up your jalapeno. I took the seeds out so it would not be spicy.


Chop up half of a red onion and mix it with the peppers.


 Drain a can of corn, rinse.


 Add it to the peppers and onions.


Drain and rinse your black beans.


Throw the beans in and mix.


 Drain the rotel and mix it in.


Chop up cilantro and mix it in. I do not care for much; you can add as much as you would like!


I added about 1/3 cup of italian dressing to give it some extra flavor.  Then refrigerate. The longer it stands before eating the more flavorful it gets.  This makes about 7-8 cups.  ENJOY!

On a side note....


I drank one of these to celebrate the holiday. Yum.


I also made these yummy cookies.  I rolled them out and placed them in the freezer.  They are all ready for easy summer time cookies.

Tomorrow on the blog will be a sneak peak on a few sign options you can paint for our Sign Painting Party at The Barn in Sedgwick on June 2nd.  Remember to text or comment to sign up!!! It is going to be a BLAST!

... Morgan ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS